Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How to Make Almond Milk


Almond Milk
 Frankly, I was never that impressed with almond milk.  It didn’t taste all that almondy to me, so I never really understood what all the fuss was about.  That is until I made it at home.  What a huge difference, it tastes like almonds.  Plus there is the added bonus of almond fluff, it keeps finding its way into my oatmeal.
My set up
Homemade almond milk will not be as smooth as commercial.
Almond milk is not hard to make, its a little noisy, but not hard. I can’t remember where I got the recipe from, it was from a website. It is really simple.I do remember the site saying not to use a food process. So pull out your blender and get milking!

Almond Milk

1 cup almonds
4 cups water plus more for soaking
fine mesh sieve
blender


1. Put almonds in a bowl cover with water and soak for 6 hours to overnight (I do overnight it works better for me.)


2. Drain water from almonds and put almonds in blender.


3. Add 4 cups water and blend for 2 minutes.


4. Pour through sieve into a bowl, squish the liquid out of the solids.


5.  Put in a glass jar and refrigerate.  

Save the almond fluff it is tasty I like it in oatmeal and smoothies, if you need an absolutely smooth smoothie don’t try it in a smoothie.  Almond milk will last about 5 days in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment