Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chia Seed Pudding recipe


 
Chia seed pudding
Chia seed pudding is one of my favorite summer breakfasts.  You put it in a jar, shake, and put it in the fridge.  Tada! it is done and will be ready for you in the morning.  I find myself singing the commercial jingle every time I make it and yes it is the same thing.

Breakfast
 Salvia hispanica or chia seeds is a member of the mint family and was was cultivated by the Aztecs. They have a good dose of omega-3s, calcium, and fiber.  It also has a tapioca pudding like texture.  Here is the chia seed recipe I use.  

Chia Seed Pudding
1 cup soy milk, almond milk, or milk
1/3 cup chia seeds
1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
cinnamon

Put it all a jar and shake it up well. Put in refrigerator.  It is ready in about ten minutes but I like to make it the night before for an easy breakfast the next morning.  I find the chia seeds tend to settle on the bottom after your first shaking so I like to shake it about 5 minutes after.

No comments:

Post a Comment