Thursday, June 27, 2013

Food Trends I Don't Get


I do not understand the trend to turn bananas into “ice cream” and cauliflower into
“pizza crust” or “mashed potatoes.” I think the last time I ate cauliflower was in my 20’s and in a cauliflower and cheese soup which tasted mostly like cheese and you got a bread bowl and soup for cheap at the Student Union. It was okay but not my first choice.


Bananas and cauliflower are a couple of my least favorite fruit and veg.  Cauliflower smells a bit like vomit to me and tastes bitter.  I don’t like it and refuse to be convinced it tastes remotely like a potato or can morph into a pizza crust.  Bananas are good in bread and that is how I eat most of them.  In smoothies they tend to take over and became the dominant flavour.  

One trend I do like Chia seed pudding.
 You are not going to find me making  fake ice cream out of bananas or pretending cauliflower is something that it is not.  For me those two trends just don’t work.  But there are lots of other trends out there for me to try and I will go for those.  

No comments:

Post a Comment