Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dandelion Smoothie

Dandelion leaves are a very healthful food most people don’t think about cultivating them in their garden, they think about eradicating them.  I started letting dandelions grow in my garden a few years ago and the have flourished.  I do pull off the flowers to keep the population down, but other than that I don’t have to do anything to them other than pick them.


The colour reminds me of the '70's.
Dandelion green will provide you with vitamin K, A, and C and provide a good dose of calcium and other nutrients.  Treat them like any other green for cooking: blanch and saute them, young leafs can be tossed in salads, or smoothies.  My garden provides me with plenty of dandelion greens and I know they have not been sprayed with pesticide, so keep that in mind when picking them.

Dandelion Smoothie
2 cups Dandelion greens
3 apricots, pitted and chopped
1 clementine, peeled
1 cup almond milk
1 - 2 tablespoons honey

Toss in your blender and blitz for two minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment