Monday, August 12, 2013

Blackberry and Lime Green Smoothie

Blackberry and lime are one of my favorite combinations.  I found some blackberries lurking the freezer and decided to use them up.  I used spinach but kale, chard etc. will work just fine.  Spinach is what I happen to have on hand at them moment.  This can run a tad tart so use a little honey if needed.  



Blackberry and Lime Green Smoothie
1 to 2 handfuls roughly 2 cups spinach fresh or frozen
2 cups blackberries fresh or frozen
2 cups almond milk
juice of 1/2 a lime
1 cup water if needed
1 to 2 tablespoons honey (optional)

Add almond milk, spinach, black berries, and lime juice and blitz for two minutes.  My spinach and blackberries were frozen it needed some extra liquid to blend properly.  If you find it is too tart add some honey.  This made about a quart of smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment