Monday, August 19, 2013

Favorite Sites of August 2013

Here are a few of the websites I have been grooving on for the past month or longer.  They tend to be staples in my internetting.  Have a look and enjoy.



1. First website is Stumptous.com.  I love Mistress Krista with her rants and no nonsense attitude towards women and weight training.  Stumptous is a site that has served me well over the years for training programs and advice.  If you haven’t checked out this site do it.

2. Another long time favorite is Heidi Swanson’s 101 Cookbooks.  She has a couple of cookbooks out now too.  Heidi’s focus is on whole foods and vegetarian cuisine.  It has my go to recipe for cooking quinoa on it.  She has beautiful soups that are on the to try list or already a fixture in the winter soup menus.  Heidi offers a wide variety of recipes.

3. Caroline Hirons over at Beauty Mouth has great skin care advice.  While she is not completely natural in her skin care (neither am I though) she is wonderful. Her cheat sheets for skin care are awesome.  I went through most of my life thinking my skin was just oily and crazy, turned out my skin was dehydrated.  She will tell you what is crap and what is not.

4. Pinterest, oh how I love you.  I’ve been hitting that site pretty hard in the last few weeks.  Food, nail polish, yoga poses, smoothie ideas, hair. Pinterest has it on there.  Much more fun than booking marking stuff and you get to ogle everyone else’s pins.  Oven fries are a staple in my life because of Pinterest.

5. Elsie's Yoga Kula, I love Elsie.  She is an Anusura instructor who does podcasts.  She is one of my favorites for yoga practice.  She offers beginners, intermediate and advanced yoga practices via free podcasts.  She has 99 podcasts at this point with something for every mood.

If you have any sites you love let me know.  I am always looking for new places to visit and stalk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment